Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy 50th Post to Me

Thank you to everyone who has linked my blog in their facebook status or who have commented on my blog posts. I hemorrhaged one more friend from facebook for my blog post on immigration, leaving the total at 5. The support could not have come at a better time. I'm dedicating my 50th post to my followers, commenters and all the lurkers out there. Although still at a small number, I have doubled my followers in just 2 weeks and started getting some good feedback.

I have also added some features, now you can E-mail a post to someone by clicking on the envelope at the end of the entry. I have opened up the comments section to anyone, it will remain this way unless there starts to be abuse and spam showing up there. More features will come as I find time to add them.

I don't have any illusions of grandeur regarding this blog but the post on immigration really opened my eyes to the race-baiting and arrogance surrounding our politics when it comes to certain issues. Unfortunately, with the election of Obama we did not transcend race as a nation as we were told. Instead, any criticism of our President is considered through a racial prism by our detractors. Does anyone think I would be any less critical of the administration if Hillary had won?

I will continue to blog on issues that are important to me and those who disagree can choose not to read or even better, respond (responsibly) in the comments section. In my initial post I said that this blog is for everyone, left and right, those who choose to shun me rather than comment back show that they simply are not equipped for the debate. I won't be wasting any time on them in the future.

Thank you to everyone who was helped keep me motivated to continue this blog.

Yours Truly,
Conservative Ken

No comments: